Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Rafi Ahmed <Ra...@toronto.ca> on 2021/12/23 16:45:33 UTC

FW: Log4j Vulnerability

Dear Nifi team

We are in the process of replacing all log4j 2.5 version to 2.17 for current Nifi version  nifi-1.9.0-RC2.

Please let us know what's the best way to proceed further it just delete the existing files and replace them with files from below location

https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/logging/log4j/2.17.0/apache-log4j-2.17.0-bin.zip

Thanks for your support.

Rafi Ahmed
O  1-416-338-2158
M 1-416-894-6432

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Rafi

We do not recommend attempts to replace Jars in this manner and you
have to keep in mind you'd have to go through/manipulate the
nars/their contents in every case problematic Jars were present.

Apache NiFi 1.15.2 is out.  In it we no longer have or allow log4j 1.x
or the log4j 2.x core library or log4j 2.x anything else other than
2.17 and we use the latest logback to be in the build.  I would
upgrade to it and be mindful of migration guidance we've posted for
all the releases from 1.9 to 1.15.

Thanks
Joe