Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by Bobby Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2014/02/05 19:13:49 UTC

Secure Multi-tenant Storm

I mentioned on a JIRA a while ago that at Yahoo we have been working hard on securing storm and getting it ready so we can run storm as hosted multi-tennant service.  We hope that with the transition to apache nearing completion we can start pushing these changes back into storm master in earnest.

https://github.com/yahoo/incubator-storm/blob/security/security.md

Describes a bit about how to set up a secure storm cluster, and the changes that we have put in.

https://github.com/yahoo/incubator-storm/compare/security

Shows the diff of the two and

https://github.com/yahoo/incubator-storm/tree/security

Is the branch itself.

We plan on splitting this up into smaller pull requests seeing how it is a massive patch

But I wanted to be sure that the code in its entirety was put up for others to see and potentially use while we go through this process.

—Bobby Evans

Re: Secure Multi-tenant Storm

Posted by Bobby Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com>.
I think I have finished filing JIRA for the various things we have done as
a part of this work, and linked them all under

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STORM-216

I will try to start going through them, dividing the work up, and putting
in pull requests, but I don¹t know for sure how long it will take.

‹Bobby

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Bobby, that’s awesome.

I can’t say I’ve had time to absorb it all ;), but I’m excited at the prospect of brining secure multi-tenancy to Storm.