Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by toby cabot <to...@caboteria.org> on 2004/07/12 18:09:28 UTC

geronimo-ra.xml rationale?

Hi Folks,

I'm curious why we've got a
resourceadapter-instance/config-property-setting element in
geronimo-ra.xml when the j2ee ra.xml has a
config-property/config-property-value that's not being used.  It seems
to me that it would be easier to remove the geronimo-specific element
and use the standard one, but I could easily be missing something.  If
people agree with me then I can work up a patch.

Regards,
Toby

Re: geronimo-ra.xml rationale?

Posted by toby cabot <to...@caboteria.org>.
> If you leave the config-property-setting elements out, the default
> values from the ra.xml are (supposed to be) used.

Yup, it works that way.  Thanks for the tip.

Posted by David Jencks <da...@coredevelopers.net>.
this lets you do two things:

1. deploy an unmodified third party adapter without changing the
supplied ra.xml
2. deploy several instances of a resource adapter in one deployment
unit.

If you leave the config-property-setting elements out, the default
values from the ra.xml are (supposed to be) used.  I think there's even
a test.

I'm not sure if it is implemented yet, but it should be possible at
some point to deploy an adapter + geronimo-ra.xml that is not packed
into the adapter, so e.g if the rar is signed you could still use it.

david jencks