Posted to docs@cocoon.apache.org by st...@outerthought.org on 2004/01/27 10:00:04 UTC

[WIKI-UPDATE] SandBox Tue Jan 27 10:00:03 2004

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=SandBox , version: 218 on Tue Jan 27 09:06:05 2004 by AndrewSavory

-
- This is a message I got when downloading the latest release (2.1.3).
- **
- DownloadSecurity blocked file. Reason:
- BitDefender found 'Java.Backdoor.SubSeven.Client.1'
- **
- Dirty links usually don't live long here..
?                                          -

+ Dirty links usually don't live long here.
- tralala
-
-
-
- !heading
-
- !!another one
- !!!yet another one
- jj
-
- __Hello!
-
-
- Da derp de derp a teelelly derp de dum
- --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- This whole cocoon thing is a tragic example of a gigantic edifice achieving nothing
- ......Tower of Babel anyone?
-
- I came here because I had a simple aim: to write Excel from Java....
- I quickly found HSSF which is in POI (why?) so I downloaded the POI bloat....
- HSSF may even work.. over on the HSSF page they have departed, leaving a message
- saying they have moved to Cocoon. This is a calamity.....
- Arriving at cocoon you can easily spend an hour wallowing in the
- crud, until you realise that its all XML, there is no Java to Excel......
- well XML may be very nice, (DLL and COM objects sounded nice when you first heard about them)
- But my reaction to the cocoon blathering site(s) is to retch and depart
-
- [and this wiki stuff is Less useful than a newsgroup and more bloated,
- requires me to learn a whole new suite of crapola, .... no thanks
-
- the sole simple example I have seen so far for HSSF  so absurd as to make me weep...
- the chap actually gives each row a separate new variable, and leaves the write to the end
- Hasnt he heard of buffered output? ...
- 30 years ago anyone could have told him, ...
- write a row at a time knucklehead...
-
- I am still reeling from the shocks this whole experience has dealt me
-