Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Aram W. Mirzadeh" <aw...@qosina.com> on 1995/11/27 16:06:08 UTC

Re: Mailing List for Apache Users

Has anyone else seen this?  Or joined it?

<Aram>

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>.
I just joined it now.  I'm not going to have time to monitor it as an
"official" representative of the Apache project, but I'll keep my eyes
open for stuff.  I sorta wish this hadn't been set up, or that if it was
it was established purely as a gateway to c.i.w.s.u for those who don't
have usenet access... but whatever.

The biggest problem is that it's named the same thing as our apache-users
mailing list, apache-users@apache.org, which is our one-way announcements
list.  That list currently has 282 users on it.  If the list looks like
it's being well-maintained we should add a pointer to it from the web
pages.  In fact, if someone wants to write a script to snarf down all
posts to c.i.w.s.u containing the word "Apache" and arrange them into a
hypermail-like archive on www.apache.org, with that would be REALLY cool
- and putting a glimpse search engine on that database would just take
the cake... okay, getting ahead of myself here... :)

	Brian