Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Jeff Eastman <je...@Narus.com> on 2011/05/26 18:06:11 UTC

RE: [SPAM] Re: [VOTE] Release Mahout 0.5, take 2

Posted by Shannon Quinn <sq...@gatech.edu>.
This is a tricky one. I see where the Path in question (the one
mentioned at the start of the exception) is being built: lines 142-144
in the VectorMatrixMultiplicationJob I wrote, at the tail end of the
main job method itself, is where the temporary Path is assigned for the
returned DRM.

But from there I'm still scratching my head, in particular as to how the
"data" folder is appended to the end. I follow it into DRM's times()
method, but I'm not entirely sure why it's crashing there, particularly
since that directory is DRM's temp directory.

My only lead is line 158 in TimesSquaredJob.java, where that full Path
from before appears to be prepended to an *input* vector path:

Path inputVectorPath = new Path(outputVectorPathBase, INPUT_VECTOR + '/'
+ now);

That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. But neither does it seem
to explain the behavior we're seeing.

I'll take another look at it again tomorrow. Sorry for the delay =/