Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/28 21:14:36 UTC

Re: interest in minor contention issues?

Hi Jason,

Thanks for looking into this!

What tool are you using?  I belatedly noticed your tickets (we should
have them resolved for 0.6.9) and it might be useful to do another
check against the 0.7 code.

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra

Re: interest in minor contention issues?

Posted by Jason Fager <jf...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jonathan,

No problem, thanks for all the work you and everyone on the dev team
do on Cassandra.

I have a small bit of wrapper code for scripting the Java Debugger
Interface, which is up at https://github.com/jfager/jdiscript.  I also
have a short writeup on it at
http://jasonfager.com/888-introducing-jdiscript/.  In a nutshell, I
just ran Cassandra with the debugger set to fire  events on JDI's
MonitorContendedEnterEvent, and handle them by printing out
stacktraces.

If I get some time in the next day or so, I'll take another shot at
the 0.7 codebase.

Best,
Jason