Posted to agila-commits@incubator.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2005/10/25 10:03:54 UTC

[Agila Wiki] Update of "AgilaBpelInstallationGuide" by MatthieuRiou

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Agila Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by MatthieuRiou:
http://wiki.apache.org/agila/AgilaBpelInstallationGuide

  The other thing you will need is a relational database installation. For testing and playing around, Agila BPEL is shipped with HSQL-DB , an open source relational database written in Java but even if HSQL is a pretty fast database it doesn't scale very well so we wouldn't recommend using it in production. Agila BPEL can be integrated with a large variety of databases like MySQL, Oracle, DB2, Sybase…  We will explain later how to setup Agila BPEL to use HSQL first and then your own database server.

- You shouldn't worry about the XML database as Agila BPEL is also shipped with a XML database : Apache Xindice. We will explain how to install it later (it's also rather easy) in this document.
+ You won't need to worry much about the XML database as Agila BPEL is well integrated with Apache Xindice. We will explain how to install it later (it's also rather easy) in this document.

  Right now Agila BPEL hasn't been released yet, so the only way to obtain a distribution is to build it yourself. But don't worry, building Agila BPEL isn't hard if you have to right tools.

@@ -64, +64 @@

  == Deploying in Tomcat ==

+ Before deploying you'll have to download __Xindice 1.1b4__ to deploy it in Tomcat as well. Just pick the webapp version (http://xml.apache.org/xindice/download.cgi).
+
  In short:

   1. Copy the two war files obtained after compliation to tomcat/webapps.
   2. Copy hsqldb-x.x.jar (or your database's JDBC driver) to tomcat/common/lib. ''Note: Use the hsqldb-1.7.2.2.jar''
   3. Copy engine/wsa/src/test/resources/conf/hibernate.cfg.xml and agila-configuration.xml to Tomcat/common/classes.
+  4. Copy Xindice war file included in Xindice's distribution in tomcat/webapps (make sure the file name is 'xindice.war').

  A default Agila BPEL installation will look for its services on localhost port 8080. To change these settings you will have to update a configuration file named client.properties bundled in agila-client-x.x.jar packaged inside agila-web.war. If you have to update this setting, the best alternative is to remove it from the jar file and then place it anywhere you like in Agila BPEL web application classpath (either in tomcat/common/classes or in tomcat/webapps/agila-web/WEB-INF/classes).