Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by sam liu <sa...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/27 07:58:42 UTC

File Permission Issue using Distributed Cache of Hadoop-2.2.0

Hi Experts,

The original local file has execution permission, and then it was
distributed to multiple nodemanager nodes with Distributed Cache feature of
Hadoop-2.2.0, but the distributed file has lost the execution permission.

However I did not encounter such issue in Hadoop-1.1.1.

Why this happened? Some changes about 'dfs.umask' option or related staffs?

Thanks!

Re: File Permission Issue using Distributed Cache of Hadoop-2.2.0

Posted by sam liu <sa...@gmail.com>.
My colleague found distcp tool does miss execution permission as well.

I also found some difference between hadoop 1.x and hadoop 2.x:
- On Hadoop 2.2.0, I can use command 'hadoop dfs -chmod 755 test01' to add
execution permission on hdfs file test01: '*-rwxr-xr-x*   1 admin
admin       8465 2014-05-30 16:45 test01'
- However, on Hadoop 1.1.1, I can not add execution on hdfs file using such
command

I have two further questions:

*- Does it means that HDFS 2.2.0 has execution permission, but HDFS 1.1.1
has not?*
*- If HDFS 2.2.0 has execution permission, how to keep the execution
permission after putting file onto hdfs?*

This issue confuses us for a long time, and any comments/suggestions will
be appreciated!

Posted by sam liu <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sam liu <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sam liu <sa...@gmail.com>.