Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Lahiru Gunathilake <gl...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/22 17:18:03 UTC

Frequent release builds

Hi Devs,

I am going to start release builds, so that people can test. As we are not
going with new features, we can keep on testing. But please feel free to
send an email to the dev list if there's a very urgent feature someone
wants to add to 0.7 release. Please find the release packs here[1].

If you can reply to the thread what are you doing to test (which pack, what
functionalities) it would be easy for us to do fast test cycle. So they can
keep doing the same test for each build.

I came up with few abstract test check list.

1. Test XBaya GUI functionality - including registry operations etc.
2. Test Airavata server backend with gram jobs and a currently production
workflows - Lahiru
3. Do the step 2 on tomcat deployment - Lahiru
4. Test Airavata API with basic functionality.
5. Changing backend configurations and see they all works
(gfac-config,airavata-server.properties).

If you can come up with more test list that would be great. Please report
all the issues in Jira and fixed version as 0.7.

[1]http://people.apache.org/~lahiru/airavata/0.7/

Regards
Lahiru

--
System Analyst Programmer
PTI Lab

Re: Frequent release builds

Posted by Lahiru Gunathilake <gl...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 2:08 PM, Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Mar 25, 2013, at 2:02 PM, Lahiru Gunathilake <gl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Sounds good.. will do ! I thought we need to do version changes etc..
>
> Ideally yes, a version number and a tag to refer to refer to each RC. But
> I think since we are doing a very early RC for testing, we can probably
> live without them. Unless some one has an objection, I would suggest you to
> assume lazy consensus here.

Noted.

Lahiru

--
System Analyst Programmer
PTI Lab

Re: Frequent release builds

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.

Re: Frequent release builds

Posted by Lahiru Gunathilake <gl...@gmail.com>.

--
System Analyst Programmer
PTI Lab

Re: Frequent release builds

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Great job guys!

Re: Frequent release builds

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.

Re: Frequent release builds

Posted by Lahiru Gunathilake <gl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chris,

--
System Analyst Programmer
PTI Lab

Re: Frequent release builds

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
Great point Chris, you beat me on pointing this out.

Lahiru,

Airavata has a official RC area for calling these release evaluations. Checkin either source or binaries to svn airavata dev desi [1] and post the urls's. For 0.6 release Saminda has a similar question and I meant to update the release management instructions but fell through the cracks. I will do so soon.

Cheers,
Suresh
[1] - https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/airavata/

Re: Frequent release builds