Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by marek <ma...@ecn.cz> on 2012/09/11 18:01:04 UTC

Re: External process for httpd_global_handlers

Dennis Geurts <de...@...> writes:

> Hi Edward,
>
> I guess from your message that you would like to accomplish the following:
>
> - use flash to access data from a CouchDB.
>
> This requires for the CouchDB to serve a file called 'crossdomain.xml' which
your flash application will
> load first
> to verify it's allowed to do so. Flash requires that this file is located at
the root of your HTTP server ( e.g. http://flash.example.org/crossdomain.xml).

After having spent several hours implementing the above, I came to realize that
my Flash actually never sends GET request for /crossdomain.xml anyway, instead
it tries to get this file from a standalone server running on port 843 by
sending somewhat obscure  <policy-file-request/>\0. So the final remedy was
Apache module mod_socket_policy_server - An AdobeĀ® Socket Policy Server

http://socketpolicyserver.com/

Hope it helps someone.