Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Arun Shanmugam <ar...@yahoo.co.in> on 2013/10/23 14:05:49 UTC

Parameterization - Variable name gets passed in the request

Hi,

I am trying to record a Peoplesoft -FSCM 9.2 script using JMeter.

A parameter value CUST_AL_SRCH_CUST_ID=0 needs to be parameterized.

CSV Data set Config element is set as below:
Name:customersearchno
Filename:<File location>customersearchno.csv
Variable name (Comma delimited):customersearchno

The parameter values are stored in a csv file (0,1,2).
The value is passed as ${customersearchno} in the corresponding requests.

But when I went for a single thread execution (1 iteration), the value gets passed as "customersearchno" instead of the hardcoded value "0" which I have added in the parameter list.The variable name is getting passed instead of the actual value.

Any suggestions are insights into this issue are welcome.

Best Regards,
Arun

Re: Parameterization - Variable name gets passed in the request

Posted by Mak Pandian <ma...@gmail.com>.
What about CSV delimiter. By default it will take comma as delimiter.

Please change your .csv file as below

0,
1,
2,

and then try again. Hope it will work

Thanks
Pandian

--
*Thanks & Regards*
* *

Re: Parameterization - Variable name gets passed in the request

Posted by "arunshanmugam_1@yahoo.co.in" <ar...@yahoo.co.in>.
It works after removing the variable name "customersearchno" from the csv
file and keeping just the values :0,1,2.
Before that, it was considering the variable identifier "customersearchno"
as the actual value.
Regards,
Arun Shanmugam

Re: Parameterization - Variable name gets passed in the request

Posted by Flavio Cysne <fl...@gmail.com>.