Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Luis Henrique Cassis Fagundes <lh...@ig.com.br> on 2000/07/12 12:18:53 UTC

Idea of an apache module

	Hi,
	Recently I started to have problems in developing my CGIs because in my
new job most of the servers run Netscape instead of Apache. The
administrator told me that the reason is that Netscape has a better
performance than Apache 1.3. I'm now developing a module that caches in
disk dynamic generated pages, and an interface to delete parts of this
cache when something is modified.
	Does anyone know if something like this has already been developed?
	Thanks.

	[]s
	Luis

RE: Idea of an apache module

Posted by jb...@team-linux.com.
Sorry. I was attempting to answer what I thought was his real question. He
mentioned performance of CGI scripts and so Apache::Registry would be the ideal
choice. I don't think he wants to rewrite his CGIs so the template packages
won't work for him.

--
Jason Bodnar + jbodnar@team-linux.com + Team Linux

It says it's for dogs, but she can't read.

                -- Homer Simpson
                   Simpson's Roasting on an Open Fire

RE: Idea of an apache module

Posted by Vivek Khera <kh...@kciLink.com>.

Re: Idea of an apache module

Posted by Pramod Sokke <pr...@investools.com>.
So is it true that Netscape has a better performance than Apache 1.3?
Here, we are trying to move over from Netscape to Apache not so much coz of
performance issues with the web server, but more to add mod_perl/fastcgi
and cool stuff like that.

-Pramod

At 12:18 PM 7/12/00 +0200, Luis Henrique Cassis Fagundes wrote:
>	Hi,
>	Recently I started to have problems in developing my CGIs because in my
>new job most of the servers run Netscape instead of Apache. The
>administrator told me that the reason is that Netscape has a better
>performance than Apache 1.3. I'm now developing a module that caches in
>disk dynamic generated pages, and an interface to delete parts of this
>cache when something is modified.
>	Does anyone know if something like this has already been developed?
>	Thanks.
>
>	[]s
>	Luis

RE: Idea of an apache module

Posted by jb...@team-linux.com.
Yes. It's Apache::Registry.

--
Jason Bodnar + jbodnar@team-linux.com + Team Linux

Marge, you're my wife and I love you very much.  But you're living in a
world of makebelieve.  With flowers and bells and leprechauns.  And magic
frogs with funny little hats...

                -- Homer Simpson
                   Blood Feud