Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Slava_L <lo...@esstu.ru> on 2003/04/19 09:22:07 UTC

how to break up a solid line of text in application.properties file?

suppose we have very long  key value (string of text about 100-200 char) in properties files.
The ordinary text editor won't break up the line of text  - very hard to edit and view text

RE: how to break up a solid line of text in application.properties file?

Posted by Steve Armstrong <bi...@sympatico.ca>.
Hi,

You can use the backslash character at the end of lines in Properties files
to break up text as follows:

text.long=Imagine this is a lot of text that needs to be broken up over \
more than one line.

Cheers,
-Steve