Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Darren Foltinek <da...@frontrange.ca> on 2004/02/25 22:14:43 UTC

Project documentation?

We've built a good-size project in Tapestry, and it's about to undergo a
refactoring.

To help with this, I'd like to be able to generate documentation, ideally
in HTML similar to JavaDoc.

I'd like to be able to easily browse components and their various
data-bindings, pages, their properties and embedded components, etc.

Anybody have suggestions on tools or techniques that might be able to do this?

Thanks,
-- Darren

Re: Project documentation?

Posted by Geoff Longman <gl...@intelligentworks.com>.
What about specless pages? And templates with implicit components?

This is moving into the problem space I ran into building Spindle, finding
all the artifacts using all of the rules Tapestry uses to resolve them.

It becomes an even more difficult problem if there are more than one app in
a war. In fact I abandoned my attempts to handle this in Spindle.

With regards to javadoc-like documentation, Hivemind has it easy 'cuz its
staying within the classpath and everything is explicity declared. Something
Tapestry used to do but doesn't anymore.

Not an easy task.

Geoff

RE: Project documentation?

Posted by David Solis <ds...@legosoft.com.mx>.