Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Len Bellemore <Le...@ControlCircle.com> on 2013/04/15 11:16:54 UTC

Domain and Account organisation

Hi Guys,

I've got a question about how to organise my Domain and Accounts

I've got two types of customers.  Managed and Non-Managed.

Managed customers pay for monitoring and proactive administration of vms. They also get us to create VMs for them from time to time.
Non-Managed customers  are completely self-service.

I'm not sure if the managed / non-managed things is relevent in this case, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

My thinking thus far is to create a domain per customer, an account per customer (or more accounts if there are departments within that company) and then users under each account.

It was also suggested to me to create a domain for Managed and one for Non-Managed and then start creating sub-domains under those.

At the moment I can't really understand 100% what domains are used for - same goes for the domain-admin.  Could anyone explain it in simple terms?

Thanks
Len