Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Hans Kind <ha...@kindserver.com> on 2001/03/08 11:13:29 UTC

Re: Tomcat/Apache port number use

Hi Chris,

We run on a Solaris 2.7 server, with Apache DSO 1.3.14.

The workers.properties file has been updated so that workers.tomcat_home,
workers.java_home point to the correct location on the server. Changed ps
to the correct syntax on Unix, ps=/.

Used apxs to install mod_jk from source

Included the following line in httpd.conf file:

Include /opt2/kindserv/tomcat/conf/mod_jk.conf-auto

http://www.kindserver.com:8080/examples/jsp/dates/date.jsp

is working as expected

http://www.kindserver.com/examples/jsp/dates/date.jsp

results in a server error with the following in the mod_jk.log

[jk_connect.c (143)]: jk_open_socket, connect() failed errno = 146
[jk_ajp12_worker.c (152)]: In jk_endpoint_t::service, Error sd = -1

rgds

Hans

Posted by Hans Kind <ha...@kindserver.com>.
This is what I had to use to get mod_jk installed. Based on the information
found in this mailing list:

apxs -o mod_jk.so -lposix4 -DSOLARIS -I../jk -I/usr/java/include
-I/usr/java/include/solaris -c *.c ../jk/*.c

The one mentioned in the documentation, returns a error when you start
Apache/Tomcat

Maybe someone else might have some experience with this on Solaris 2.7

Thanks for the help:~)

rgds

Hans

Posted by Christopher Albert <ca...@selftrade.com>.