Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by David Mehler <da...@gmail.com> on 2019/11/02 21:13:17 UTC

[users@httpd] issues downloading zip files

Hello,

I'm throwing this out there hoping someone can help me. I've got a
friend who has some zip files he periodically puts on his server to
download, monthly. Last month and this month some users including
myself had issues downloading them. For me the problem came at
approximately 64% of the file it timed out. This happened with both
IE, chrome on a desktop, and Android browser on Oreo.

I don't have any more details on there setup, does anyone have an idea
as to what might be going on? Right now we're clueless.

Thanks.
Dave.

Re: [users@httpd] issues downloading zip files

Posted by David Mehler <da...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

No, it's not a hosted web site.
It is not being run from home on a cable/dsl connection.
I do not know if it's a hosted physical/virtual server, I'll say yes
for the purposes of this discussion.

This problem started last month, prior to that everything was working
fine. The files are not identical month to month, but they are nearly
so in file size, we're talking 100 megs or less.
I do not believe the firewall setup changed, I will inquire.

Issues, means that some not all users atempting to download the files
from the server weree successful, while others myself included were
not. I can only speak for myself with the problem that the file
stops/times out at approximately 64% of the total file download.

File sizes are between 60 megabytes and 100 megabytes max.

Older files archived are able to be downloaded without a problem.

I do not know what appears in the apache log files, again I'll have to
ask, these files are private, I was asked to help and as I myself am
clueless I threw this one to the list hoping for some suggestions some
ideas I didn't have.

I can speak to the admin and arrange some packet captures, see what
that tells us and write back with any new information/questions.

Thanks.
Dave.

Posted by Antony Stone <An...@apache.open.source.it>.