Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by alipawsey <al...@live.com> on 2021/03/02 03:56:26 UTC

Occasional RDP disconnection

We have users annoyed by occasional RDP disconnections showing dialogue box
asking logout / reconnect.
No clue at the moment what could be the potential issue? Any idea?
In admin dashboard - history, I can see sessions as long as 30 sec and
remote session as ::1 !!

Username	 Start time 	                Duration	        Connection name
Remote host
USERNAME    2021-03-02 11:10:52	16 seconds	w06	                        ::1

Any idea what does ::1 mean?

Thanks.

Re: Occasional RDP disconnection

Posted by Ivanmarcus <iv...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Jonathan,

That's useful information, thanks.

I too have tended to disable all three cache options, with seemingly
little impact to users. It's a while ago now that I first did this, so
can't be certain, but I'm fairly sure it was the same for me in that
just disabling glyph caching didn't fix the then issue.

At that stage it was for a different base problem; inability to
initiatially connect and/or mixed up colours.

Posted by "Hankins, Jonathan" <jh...@homewood.k12.al.us>.

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@glyptodon.com>.

Posted by Ivanmarcus <iv...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
I can't help with the connection name, but it would be useful for anyone
helping you to know what version of Guacamole you're using, and what the
log data says?

Here I have found disconnections are almost always a result of internet
issues between the client and Guacamole - quite often at the client end.
Those on wireless are generally most affected, so I encourage people to
use fixed-wire ethernet.

This may be quite different in your country, but if the server you have
Guacamole running on is recent, adequate, and doesn't suffer from issues
otherwise then you may want to look at the internet and/or client
machines as a possible source of interruption. If you can test on your
local network it may isolate whether there's an issue inside or outside
your network edge.

Posted by sciUser <sh...@securitycentric.net>.
What is your virtual platform and your landing VM version?

-----
A Cybersecurity Enablement Company
We don't just run you through the motions, Our labs teach you how to think!
Known good Guacamole  installations