Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Jakub Pastuszek <jp...@newbay.com> on 2008/12/11 16:17:18 UTC

JMS Point-to-point escapes content XML characters

Hi,

Is it possible to make JMeter not to escape XML characters (<,> and so) in message content (JMS Point-to-point sampler)?

I am using XML as message body and consumer expects to receive the message as normal unescaped XML.
What JMeter does is it takes the body and escapes all XML characters and then it sends the message - this jams my consumers.

I know it is probably correct thing to do anyway, but is there a way of override this behavior?

Thanks,
Jakub Pastuszek

Re: JMS Point-to-point escapes content XML characters

Posted by Ronald Van de Kuil <ro...@nl.ibm.com>.
Hello Jakub,

I use the JMS Point-to-point sampler too in combination with IBM WebSphere
MQ series.

When I inspect the message on the queue using rfhutil then I can see that
the message is not escaped.

Character and hex of the first 32 bytes of an example message:

00000000 <?xml ve rsion="1 3C3F786D 6C207665 7273696F 6E3D2231
00000016 .0" enco ding="UT 2E302220 656E636F 64696E67 3D225554
00000032 F-8"?>.< cdmmsg:m 462D3822 3F3E0A3C 63646D6D 73673A6D

I must admit that I am not using the latest version but it could still be
the underlying jms implemention that escapes the XML messages.

Met Vriendelijke Groet,
Ronald van de Kuil

Stuck in the past somewhere in the future? NO WAY!!!

Jakub Pastuszek <jp...@newbay.com>
11-12-2008 16:17
Please respond to
"JMeter Users List" <jm...@jakarta.apache.org>

jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org
cc

Subject
JMS Point-to-point escapes content XML characters

Hi,

Is it possible to make JMeter not to escape XML characters (<,> and so) in
message content (JMS Point-to-point sampler)?

I am using XML as message body and consumer expects to receive the message
as normal unescaped XML.
What JMeter does is it takes the body and escapes all XML characters and
then it sends the message - this jams my consumers.

I know it is probably correct thing to do anyway, but is there a way of
override this behavior?

Thanks,
Jakub Pastuszek

Tenzij hierboven anders aangegeven: / Unless stated otherwise above:
IBM Nederland B.V.
Gevestigd te Amsterdam
Inschrijving Handelsregister Amsterdam Nr. 33054214