Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Gustavo Niemeyer <gu...@niemeyer.net> on 2010/02/16 20:55:58 UTC

ZooKeeper packages for Ubuntu

Hello everyone,

Thanks to Matthias Klose and Thierry Carrez, we've got ZooKeeper
packaged for Ubuntu:

    https://launchpad.net/~ttx/+archive/ppa

This is a Personal Package Archive at the moment, but these packages
may end up being promoted depending on how relevant they are.

Please let me know if these work or do not work for you.

--
Gustavo Niemeyer
http://niemeyer.net

Re: ZooKeeper packages for Ubuntu

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Fantastic.  Getting ZK into the ubuntu package system is *very* helpful.

--
Ted Dunning, CTO
DeepDyve

Re: ZooKeeper packages for Ubuntu

Posted by Gustavo Niemeyer <gu...@niemeyer.net>.
> Actually, the package is in Debian and Ubuntu copied it from there:
> http://packages.debian.org/sid/zookeeper
>
> But thanks to Matthias for helping me with the python binding.
>
> Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro

Oh, I'm really sorry about this.  I didn't know the package was based
on something else.

I just got in touch with Matthias to get it rolling because I didn't
find the Debian one, and he got back to me in the last few days
pointing out that it was available at his PPA.  It was my personal
naive assumption that it had been created by them, rather than an
intentional omission.

I apologize for the confusion.

Posted by Thomas Koch <th...@koch.ro>.

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@yahoo-inc.com>.