Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/17 07:47:11 UTC

[math] 1.2-RC2 available for review

Thanks, all for the feedback on RC1.  Here is another RC incorporating
suggestions for documentation improvements, (compatible) API changes
and sources and javadoc jars in the binary distribution.

The zips / tars are here:
http://people.apache.org/~psteitz/math-1.2-RC2/

The site included in the binary distro is here:
http://people.apache.org/~psteitz/math-1.2-RC2/docs/

Release notes:
http://people.apache.org/~psteitz/math-1.2-RC2/RELEASE-NOTES.txt

Ant, Maven 1 and Maven 2 builds should all work from the unpacked
source distribution.

Comments / suggestions for improvement welcome!

Phil

Re: [math] 1.2-RC2 available for review

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luc Maisonobe <Lu...@free.fr>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 17/02/2008, Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 17, 2008 8:45 AM, Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Feb 17, 2008 8:37 AM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > maven --version gives:
> > >
> > >  __  __
> > > |_|  |_\__,_|\_/\___|_||_|  v. 1.1
> > >
> > > Is this earlier or later than 1.02?
> >
> > That is later and it does not work for commons site builds.

Seems like an unnecessary restriction - can it be fixed?

> > It should
> > work for creating the jar, though - i.e., "maven jar" or jar:install
> > should work to build the code.
> >
> Ugh.   Just realized from you post above that the problem was a pom
> parse error, so the statement above is probably false.  Let me look
> into this.

OK.

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
maven --version gives:

 __  __

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
On Feb 17, 2008 3:09 PM, Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 17, 2008 6:45 AM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 17/02/2008, Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Thanks, all for the feedback on RC1.  Here is another RC incorporating
> > > suggestions for documentation improvements, (compatible) API changes
> > > and sources and javadoc jars in the binary distribution.
> > >
> > > The zips / tars are here:
> > > http://people.apache.org/~psteitz/math-1.2-RC2/
> > >

> > The Manifest.mf files in the source and Javadoc archive jars are very basic.
> > It would be useful if they included most or all of the following:
> >
> > Built-By: psteitz
> > Implementation-Title: Commons Math
> > Implementation-Vendor: The Apache Software Foundation
> > Implementation-Vendor-Id: org.apache
> > Implementation-Version: 1.2-RC2
> > Specification-Title: Commons Math
> > Specification-Vendor: The Apache Software Foundation
> > Specification-Version: 1.2-RC2
> >
> > For the Javadoc jar, the following might also be relevant:
> >
> > Build-Jdk: 1.5.0_12
> >
> > No need to fix this now unless there are any other reasons to redo the RC.
>
> I don't know how to do this in m2.  Anyone know?

Not ATM - this would require enhancements to the m2 source and javadoc plugins:

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-source-plugin/
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-javadoc-plugin/

Its only likely to change if someone files a JIRA ticket with a patch.

Niall

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
If I remove the optional tags, and now Maven 1.1 seems to work OK -
however it reports:

DEPRECATED: the default goal should be specified in the <build>
section of project.xml instead of maven.xml

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.