Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by zhou jian <su...@yahoo.com> on 2005/10/25 17:51:23 UTC

Elementary question

Hi Everyone,

I noticed that Jetspeed has the version 2 before?
However, I searched over internet and didn't find any
information about version2? Did I search wrong or the
development team stopped further upgrading for
Jetspeed?

Thanks,
--Paul

jetspeed 1.6 build error with mvn?

Posted by zhou jian <su...@yahoo.com>.
# 1. Install a Java compiler (1.3 or greater)
# 2. Install Ant (1.5 or greater)
# 3. Install Maven
# 4. Install Tomcat 4 (4.1.12 or higher (last tested
on 4.1.30)) or Tomcat 5
# 5. Install Jetspeed (1.6 release or higher). Release
1.6 includes the tutorial and examples. You can also
checkout Jetspeed from the CVS head to get the
tutorial.
# 6. Build Jetspeed. From the root jetspeed directory,
type maven dist:install

[jzhou9@osg-tg2 jetspeed-1.6]$ mvn dist:install
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix:
'dist'.
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] The plugin
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dist-plugin' does not
exist or no valid
version could be found
[INFO]
[INFO] For more information, run Maven with the -e
switch
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: < 1 second
[INFO] Finished at: Tue Oct 25 14:53:25 CDT 2005
[INFO] Final Memory: 1M/2M
[INFO]

How can i solve this problem?

--Paul