Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Manik Surtani <ma...@espadanet.com> on 2000/02/10 05:59:00 UTC

Observations: Tomcat on Linux and JDKs ...

Hi,

Just some observations I have made in my attempts to get Tomcat3.0 up
and running on Linux (RedHat 6.1).  I just thought some pple may find
this useful.

Blackdown's JDK1.2
For some reason Tomcat just wont work with Blackdown's JDK 1.2.  Just
wont start!

Blackdown's JDK1.1.8 and 1.1.6
Works like a dream ..... runs well, no problems except that you'd be
stuck with a 1.1 spec JDK!  ALs, for some reason, with these JDKs,
Tomcat doesn't reload JSPs when they've been modified all the time ...
they reload fine initiall, but after a while, it starts pulling up
historic objects.  Works again afer a server restart.

Sun's (At LAST!) JDK 1.2.2
Now this is my pick ... everything works well, you've got a
state-of-the-art JDK, JSPs reload fine.  All in all, I reckon THIS is
what anyone should use.

Cheers,
--
Manik Surtani
Chief Technology Officer

* The best in e-commerce solutions *

Re: Observations: Tomcat on Linux and JDKs ...

Posted by Cynthia Jeness <cj...@goldencode.com>.
Manik,

I also use Blackdown's JDK 1.2.2 RC2 and Tomcat works just fine.  Did you
really mean Blackdown JDK1.2 or 1.2.2.  If you are still using the old
preview of 1.2, you should try upgrading to JDK 1.2.2.

Cynthia Jeness