Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Manoj Kumar <ma...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/01 23:31:28 UTC

Installing Arrow

Hi,

I am trying to install Arrow using the following instructions.

./cpp/thirdparty/download_thirdparty.sh
./cpp/thirdparty/build_thirdparty.sh

It fails with this error:

+ cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/manoj/arrow/cpp/thirdparty/installed
'-DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS=-fPIC --std=c++0x' .
-- git Version: v0.0.0-dirty
-- Version: 0.0.0
-- Performing Test HAVE_STD_REGEX
-- Performing Test HAVE_STD_REGEX -- failed to compile
-- Performing Test HAVE_GNU_POSIX_REGEX
-- Performing Test HAVE_GNU_POSIX_REGEX -- failed to compile
-- Performing Test HAVE_POSIX_REGEX
-- Performing Test HAVE_POSIX_REGEX -- failed to compile
-- Performing Test HAVE_STEADY_CLOCK
-- Performing Test HAVE_STEADY_CLOCK -- failed to compile
CMake Error at src/CMakeLists.txt:17 (message):
  Failed to determine the source files for the regular expression backend.

I use CentOS version: 6.7

Any help to fix this, would be appreciated. Thanks!

--
Manoj,
http://github.com/MechCoder

Re: Installing Arrow

Posted by Manoj Kumar <ma...@gmail.com>.
I stringed together a set of installation instructions to help future
Python developers.

The PR is here https://github.com/apache/arrow/pull/105

--
Manoj,