Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Denis Souza <ds...@sti.com.br> on 2006/06/05 22:58:38 UTC

Using @tacos:Refresh on a component

Hi, I'm having some trouble with the tacos Refresh component.

I have a component that needs to refresh a list of images on occasion, so
I've inserted the following code in the component's html file.

<script type="text/javascript">

            function refreshImageList() {

updateComponents="ognl:{'imagelist'}" />

            }

</script>

The component is used in one of my pages. Once it's running, whenever I
click on any of the page's submit buttons (which are all AjaxSubmit), I get
this exception:

org.apache.hivemind.ApplicationRuntimeException

Component product/ProductEditPage/$data$ImageBrowser.$Refresh requires
rendering support, but no PageRenderSupport object has been stored into the
request cycle. This object is typically provided by a Body component. You
should add a Body component to your template.

However, I DO have a Body component on my page. Not only that, if I take
that javascript function and insert it directly into the page's html file
instead of the component's html, it works perfectly. I could leave the code
on the page but it wouldn't be a very clean solution.

Any ideas on why this is happening? I tried it with Tacos 4 beta 2 and with
the latest bleeding-edge tacos 4 beta-3-20060601-0613.

Thanks,
Denis Souza

Re: Using @tacos:Refresh on a component

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr>.
hmmm...
perhaps Refresh doesn't take into account the state of the cycle,
i.e. if it's rewinding
Look for a new 'nightly' in a few hours