Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Michael Gong <go...@hotmail.com> on 2017/01/04 20:08:16 UTC

airflow dags share the same database?

Hi,

Say due to some policy, I have to run 2 dag instances on 2 different servers.

If I want task 1 from dag1 depends on task 2 from dag2, how can I do it ?

One idea I can  think of is that the 2 dag instances share the same MySQL db, will it work ?

Any ideas are welcomed.

thanks.

Michael

Re: airflow dags share the same database?

Posted by Michael Gong <go...@hotmail.com>.
Hi, Bolke,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you clarify some points ?

>* SQLSensor pointing to the other database

Do you mean after task2(dag2) is done, it run a SQLSensor to update the db for dag1 ?

> * Put a file somewhere, where it is being polled by the other dag/task

> * Trigger the dag1 from task2 (easier with the Rest API in master)

Do you mean task2 can trigger the entire dag1 or can trigger the task1 in dag1 only ?

Thanks.
Michael

* SQLSensor pointing to the other database
* Put a file somewhere, where it is being polled by the other dag/task
* Trigger the dag1 from task2 (easier with the Rest API in master)

Bolke

Posted by Bolke de Bruin <bd...@gmail.com>.
Some suggestions: