Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Xiao-fei Song <xf...@yahoo.com> on 2007/07/11 11:29:03 UTC

JMS clieng hang

Hi,

I have a simple application which post JMS message to the queue. It works
well, but today it seems to hang when the client is trying to send a
message. The stack trace looks like below. My question is, is there anything
I can do, like clean up the database, etc. The message is persistent BTW.

Thanks,
Chris

"main" prio=5 tid=0x002d07a0 nid=0x8960 runnable [0x0007f000..0x0007fc40]
        at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpBufferedOutputStream.flush(TcpBu
fferedOutputStream.java:109)
        at java.io.DataOutputStream.flush(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.oneway(TcpTransport.ja
va:119)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.InactivityMonitor.oneway(InactivityMoni
tor.java:141)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportFilter.oneway(TransportFilter.
java:80)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.WireFormatNegotiator.oneway(WireFormatN
egotiator.java:93)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.MutexTransport.oneway(MutexTransport.ja
va:47)
        - locked <0x0343f7c0> (a java.lang.Object)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.ResponseCorrelator.oneway(ResponseCorre
lator.java:60)
        at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.asyncSendPacket(ActiveMQConnec
tion.java:1155)
        at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQSession.send(ActiveMQSession.java:1549)
        at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQMessageProducer.send(ActiveMQMessageProdu
cer.java:465)
        at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQMessageProducer.send(ActiveMQMessageProdu
cer.java:356)
        at
tennisleague.MessageProducerClient.executeInternal(MessageProducerCli
ent.java:67)
        at tennisleague.MessageClient.execute(MessageClient.java:187)
        at tennisleague.TestClient.execute(TestClient.java:71)
        at tennisleague.TestClient.main(TestClient.java:88)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.client.AppClientContainer.main(AppClientContainer
.java:184)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.client.AppClientContainer$$FastClassByCGLIB$$b5be
ae18.invoke(<generated>)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethod
Invoker.java:38)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperatio
n.java:127)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.
java:863)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.invoke(BasicKernel.java:
239)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.system.main.CommandLine.doInvokeMainGBean(Command
Line.java:115)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.system.main.CommandLine.invokeMainGBean(CommandLi
ne.java:101)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.system.main.ClientCommandLine.startClient(ClientC
ommandLine.java:77)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.system.main.ClientCommandLine.execute(ClientComma
ndLine.java:63)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.system.main.EmbeddedClientCommandLine.execute(Emb
eddedClientCommandLine.java:43)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.util.MainConfigurationBootstrapper.main(Ma
inConfigurationBootstrapper.java:45)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.cli.AbstractCLI.executeMain(AbstractCLI.java:67)
        at org.apache.geronimo.cli.client.ClientCLI.main(ClientCLI.java:30)

Re: JMS clieng hang

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Jul 11, 2007, at 5:59 AM, Shiva Kumar H R wrote:

> On 7/11/07, Xiao-fei Song <xf...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I have a simple application which post JMS message to the queue. It
> works
> well, but today it seems to hang when the client is trying to send a
> message. The stack trace looks like below. My question is, is there
> anything
> I can do, like clean up the database, etc. The message is
> persistent BTW.
>
> Deleting files in "<geronimo-base>\var\activemq\journal" directory
> might help.

Chris,
Can you explain your problem a bit further?

Everything was working fine? Clients sent messages, some application
received the messages, etc...

Now the clients always hang with the given stack trace? Or one
particular client?

What version of Geronimo?

--kevan

Re: JMS clieng hang