Posted to user@tika.apache.org by Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org> on 2021/12/23 20:27:02 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Tika 2.2.1 released

The Apache Tika project is pleased to announce the release of Apache
Tika 2.2.1. The release contents have been pushed out to the main
Apache release site and to the Maven Central sync.

Apache Tika is a toolkit for detecting and extracting metadata and
structured text content from various documents using existing parser
libraries.

Apache Tika 2.2.1 contains an upgrade to log4j2 2.17.0, a
critical fix to an OOXML parser regression that was introduced
in 2.2.0, and upgrades to other dependencies.  Details can be found
in the changes file:
https://www.apache.org/dist/tika/2.2.1/CHANGES-2.2.1.txt

Apache Tika is available on the download page:
https://tika.apache.org/download.html

Apache Tika is also available in binary form or for use using Maven 2
from the Central Repository:
https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/tika/

When downloading, please remember to verify the downloads using
signatures found: https://www.apache.org/dist/tika/KEYS

For more information on Apache Tika, visit the project home page:
https://tika.apache.org/

-- Tim Allison, on behalf of the Apache Tika community

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Tika 2.2.1 released

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
I agree because of that exact reason (access to config file needed). I
remember a cartoon about it but can no longer find it.
Tilman

Posted by Josh Burchard <bu...@pnp-hcl.com>.
It's a fair point you make about the config file, Tim.  Personally I'll be
waiting for 2.2.2 because if we ship with a Tika server that has potential
vulnerabilities, no matter how unlikely they are to be exploited on our
customers' systems, I inevitably have to answer a bunch of support
questions and calm their fears.  The less of that there is, the better,
IMHO.    2.2.2 also has a nice ring to it. ;-)

From:   "Tim Allison" <ta...@apache.org>
To:     user@tika.apache.org, "<de...@tika.apache.org>"
<de...@tika.apache.org>
Date:   01/07/2022 01:15 PM
Subject:        Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Tika 2.2.1 released

Posted by Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org>.

Posted by Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org>.

Re: wiki editor access request

Posted by Nick Burch <ap...@gagravarr.org>.
On Fri, 7 Jan 2022, Josh Burchard wrote:
> I wrote to Tim about making a small update to
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TIKA/TikaServerEndpointsCompared
> and he suggested that I email this dev list to see if someone could grant
> me editor access. Is that a possibility?

Can you sign up for an account on the wiki, then let us know what username
you picked?

Thanks
Nick

wiki editor access request

Posted by Josh Burchard <bu...@pnp-hcl.com>.
Hi devs.  I wrote to Tim about making a small update to
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TIKA/TikaServerEndpointsCompared
and he suggested that I email this dev list to see if someone could grant
me editor access. Is that a possibility?

TIA!

Josh Burchard
Software Engineer - HCL Domino
HCL Technologies Ltd.