Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by "Millies, Sebastian" <Se...@softwareag.com> on 2011/06/22 10:51:08 UTC

Tuscany 1.6 dependency on HttpClient 3.1

Hello there,

Tuscany 1.6 depends on Apache Commons HttpClient 3.1.

Is there any chance of upgrading this to Apache HttpComponents
HttpClient (currently 4.1.1)?

Is it really necessary to have the dependency in Tuscany at all?

Best,
Sebastian

Re: Tuscany 1.6 dependency on HttpClient 3.1

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 1:51 AM, Millies, Sebastian
<Se...@softwareag.com> wrote:
> Hello there,
>

> Tuscany 1.6 depends on Apache Commons HttpClient 3.1.
>

> Is there any chance of upgrading this to Apache HttpComponents
>
> HttpClient (currently 4.1.1)?

Patches are welcomed.

> Is it really necessary to have the dependency in Tuscany at all?

I believe some bindings are using that for httpclient type of
communication, having said that, I don't think that the dependency is
mandatory in the sense that it could be replaced by functionality
available in the jdk. Having said that, I'd need to make sure that
it's not a transient dependency where we don't own the code that uses
HttpClient.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende