Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> on 2014/05/06 21:41:29 UTC

Compiling with Java 8

I took a stab at trying to compile ActiveMQ /w Java 8 and quickly ran
into problems /w Scala.  Upgrading to Scala 2.11 seems to resolve the
problem.

Any objections to moving up to Scala 2.11?

--
Hiram Chirino
Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.

Re: Compiling with Java 8

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 9:41 PM, Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> wrote:
> I took a stab at trying to compile ActiveMQ /w Java 8 and quickly ran
> into problems /w Scala.  Upgrading to Scala 2.11 seems to resolve the
> problem.
>
> Any objections to moving up to Scala 2.11?

Yes I would favor waiting with this for AMQ 5.11. We should get 5.10
out of the door with the current changes. I think this change likely
cause problems for SMX and other projects that depend on AMQ as-is.

eg get the last few tickets resolved on master and get the current
code our as 5.10. Then after that work on upgrading Scala to latest.
And also in other projects such as Camel, SMX etc.

> --
> Hiram Chirino
> Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.
> hchirino@redhat.com | fusesource.com | redhat.com

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
Red Hat, Inc.
Email: cibsen@redhat.com
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.com
hawtio: http://hawt.io/
fabric8: http://fabric8.io/

Re: Compiling with Java 8

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
Sounds good to me.

Regards
--
Dejan Bosanac

Re: Compiling with Java 8

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
sounds good to me.

http://redhat.com
http://blog.garytully.com

Re: Compiling with Java 8

Posted by artnaseef <ar...@artnaseef.com>.
That sounds like a good plan.  Agree with Claus on not targetting 5.10.