Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by edong <gi...@git.apache.org> on 2013/03/12 22:33:31 UTC

cassandra pull request: CASSANDRA-5339 Add YAML network topology snitch

GitHub user edong opened a pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/cassandra/pull/14

    CASSANDRA-5339 Add YAML network topology snitch

    In order to support having a Cassandra cluster spanning multiple data centers, some in Amazon EC2 and some not, I'm submitting a YAML network topology snitch that allows one to configure 'preferred addresses' such as a data-center-local address. The new snitch reconnects to the node via the preferred address using the same reconnection trick present in Ec2MultiRegionSnitch.

    I chose a new YAML format instead of trying to extend cassandra-topology.properties because it is easier to read and allows for future extensibility.

    $ git pull https://github.com/edong/cassandra CASSANDRA-5339

    https://github.com/apache/cassandra/pull/14.patch

----
commit c87f6dc58f680ef2a1adb8e46113e5732159bfd2
Author: Eric Dong <ed...@adconion.com>
Date:   2013-03-12T21:27:28Z