Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by J4K <ju...@klunky.co.uk> on 2011/07/20 10:40:31 UTC

[Q] Skip Bayes classification of emails with a certain From: address

Morning all,

    I had a route around in the SA dox, and in
/usr/share/spamassassin/*.cf, to try and find out how to disable Bayes
classification for particular From: address.  In particular, I don't
want Bayes to classify, or put into the database, messages from this
mailing list.  You can see that this  thought was triggered by an
earlier email.

There are plenty of examples of how to turn on Bayes, but not to stop it
from classifying certain From: addresses.  Perhaps better with a
Received-SPF: pass (athena.apache.org: local policy) would be better.

Any clues?
Regards, S

Re: [Q] Skip Bayes classification of emails with a certain From: address

Posted by Jari Fredriksson <ja...@iki.fi>.
20.7.2011 11:40, J4K kirjoitti:
> Morning all,
>
>     I had a route around in the SA dox, and in
> /usr/share/spamassassin/*.cf, to try and find out how to disable Bayes
> classification for particular From: address.  In particular, I don't
> want Bayes to classify, or put into the database, messages from this
> mailing list.  You can see that this  thought was triggered by an
> earlier email.
>
> There are plenty of examples of how to turn on Bayes, but not to stop it
> from classifying certain From: addresses.  Perhaps better with a
> Received-SPF: pass (athena.apache.org: local policy) would be better.
>
> Any clues?
> Regards, S

I just skip SA check alltogether for some From: addresses. How to do
that depends on your mechanism to call SA.

--

You will be given a post of trust and responsibility.