Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Sundar Narayanaswamy <su...@yahoo.com> on 2011/11/01 11:29:09 UTC

Re: SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_INPLACE_COMPRESS_TABLE question

Mike, Thanks for looking into the issue. I think it would work if inplace
compress got table level locks during purge. Would the improvement you are
considering help when Derby tries to reclaim space outside of the inplace
compress procedure as well ? That would be great ! I have read from the
Derby docs that Derby tries to reuse space from deleted rows for future
inserts (even without inplace compress), but, I found that wasn't happening
in my case. I was hence trying to use inplace compress with purge_rows
option.

Please let me know if/how I can help further.