Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by shacky <sh...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/17 12:23:55 UTC

ZooKeeper connection refused

Hi.
I have a SolrCloud cluster with 3 nodes Solr + Zookeeper.

My solr.in.sh file is configured as following:
ZK_HOST="zk1,zk2,zk3"

All worked good but now I cannot start SOLR nodes and the command exit
with the following errors:

root@index1:~# service solr restart
Sending stop command to Solr running on port 8983 ... waiting 5
seconds to allow Jetty process 32087 to stop gracefully.
Waiting to see Solr listening on port 8983 [\]  Still not seeing Solr
listening on 8983 after 30 seconds!
WARN  - 2015-06-17 10:18:37.158; [   ]
org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread; Session 0x0 for server
null, unexpected error, closing socket connection and attempting
reconnect
at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(SocketChannelImpl.java:717)
at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO.doTransport(ClientCnxnSocketNIO.java:361)
at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:1081)
WARN  - 2015-06-17 10:18:37.823; [   ]
org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread; Session 0x0 for server
null, unexpected error, closing socket connection and attempting
reconnect
at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(SocketChannelImpl.java:717)
at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO.doTransport(ClientCnxnSocketNIO.java:361)
at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:1081)
WARN  - 2015-06-17 10:18:38.990; [   ]
org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread; Session 0x0 for server
null, unexpected error, closing socket connection and attempting
reconnect
at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(SocketChannelImpl.java:717)
at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO.doTransport(ClientCnxnSocketNIO.java:361)
at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:1081)
WARN  - 2015-06-17 10:18:40.543; [   ]
org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread; Session 0x0 for server
null, unexpected error, closing socket connection and attempting
reconnect
at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(SocketChannelImpl.java:717)
at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO.doTransport(ClientCnxnSocketNIO.java:361)
at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:1081)
WARN  - 2015-06-17 10:18:42.174; [   ]
org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread; Session 0x0 for server
null, unexpected error, closing socket connection and attempting
reconnect
at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(SocketChannelImpl.java:717)
at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO.doTransport(ClientCnxnSocketNIO.java:361)
at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:1081)

I can telnet to the ZooKeeper port:

root@index1:~# telnet zk1 2181
Trying 192.168.70.31...
Connected to index1.dc.my.network.
Escape character is '^]'.

Could you help me please?

Thank you very much!
Bye

Re: ZooKeeper connection refused

Posted by shacky <sh...@gmail.com>.
> Is ZK healthy? Can you try the following from the server on which Solr
> is running:
>
> echo ruok | nc zk1 2181

Thank you very much Shalin for your answer!
My ZK cluster was not ready because two nodes was dead and only one
node was running.
I fixed the two nodes and now all works good.
Thank you very much!

Re: ZooKeeper connection refused

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.

On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 7:25 PM, shacky <sh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> You are asking telnet to connect to zk1 on port 2181 but you have not
>> specified the port to Solr. You should set
>> ZK_HOST="zk1:2181,zk2:2181,zk3:2181" instead.
>
> I modified the ZK_HOST instance with the port, but the problem is not solved.
> Do you have any ideas?

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: ZooKeeper connection refused

Posted by shacky <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.

On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 3:53 PM, shacky <sh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> reconnect
> at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.checkConnect(Native Method)
> at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(SocketChannelImpl.java:717)
> at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO.doTransport(ClientCnxnSocketNIO.java:361)
> at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:1081)
> WARN  - 2015-06-17 10:18:42.174; [   ]
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread; Session 0x0 for server
> null, unexpected error, closing socket connection and attempting
> reconnect
> at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.checkConnect(Native Method)
> at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(SocketChannelImpl.java:717)
> at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO.doTransport(ClientCnxnSocketNIO.java:361)
> at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:1081)

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.