Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by Gautam Singaraju <ga...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/30 23:37:37 UTC

Oozie newbie question: V 3.2 on AWS

I might be overlooking something very minor.
But, I just installed RC 1 for Oozie version 3.2 and ran the example
program; it worked great. I wrote another and placed the jar file in the
lib folder. However, the jar file is not being picked up. Instead a default
MR seems to be running. Any suggestions?
Thanks!
---
Gautam

Re: Oozie newbie question: V 3.2 on AWS

Posted by Gautam Singaraju <ga...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Mona. I should have sent this earlier. My job.config is:

<workflow-app xmlns="uri:oozie:workflow:0.2" name="wordCount">
    <start to="wc"/>
    <action name="wc">
        <map-reduce>
            <job-tracker>${jobTracker}</job-tracker>
            <name-node>${nameNode}</name-node>
            <prepare>
                <delete path="${outputDir}"/>
            </prepare>
            <configuration>
                <property>
                    <name>mapred.job.queue.name</name>
                    <value>${queueName}</value>
                </property>
                <property>
                    <name>mapred.mapper.class</name>
                    <value>org.wcMapper</value>
                </property>
                <property>
                    <name>mapred.reducer.class</name>
                    <value>org.wcReducer</value>
                </property>
                <property>
                    <name>mapred.reduce.tasks</name>
                    <value>21</value>
                </property>
                <property>
                        <name>mapred.mapper.new-api</name>
                        <value>true</value>
                </property>
                <property>
                        <name>mapred.reducer.new-api</name>
                        <value>true</value>
                </property>
                <property>
                    <name>mapred.input.dir</name>
                    <value>${inputDir}</value>
                </property>
                <property>
                    <name>mapred.output.dir</name>
                    <value>${outputDir}</value>
                </property>
            </configuration>
        </map-reduce>
        <ok to="end"/>
        <error to="fail"/>
    </action>
  <kill name="fail">
        <message>Map/Reduce failed, error
message[${wf:errorMessage(wf:lastErrorNode())}]</message>
    </kill>
    <end name="end"/>
</workflow-app>

Thank you,