Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by Amit Kapoor <am...@koanect.com> on 2014/05/06 01:28:54 UTC

Trace log

Hi folks,

  We are trying to use a variation of IntersectingIterator and turned on trace to help us debug
  certain performance issues (more on that in a separate email). The trace log page is showing
  this:

       Warning: the following spans are not rooted!
  49561cfdf8e1ca5e fa33ce2827eb1141 client:startMultiScan
  c70795aa7b14de02 f6457a7e4060dec4 client:startMultiScan
  8ecd2bd6e0342911 751d55532acecba7 client:startMultiScan
  74a8d66d235750b2 b82977a699403c46 client:startMultiScan

  Any hints on what is going on here?

  regards

Amit

Re: Trace log

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
Just to be clear, if the Warning message eventually goes away (should be
within seconds, maybe minutes), then it's probably just asynch delay.

If a substantial time later you're still getting the warning, that's
probably a sign that the tracing is used wrong (opened and not closed as
Eric said).

Re: Trace log

Posted by Eric Newton <er...@gmail.com>.