Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Gavin McDonald <gm...@apache.org> on 2021/08/31 09:32:56 UTC

Migration from ci.a.o

Hi Ofbiz devs.

With the deprecation of Buildbot 0.8 at ci.apache.org and being replaced
with ci2.apache.org it is time to migrate your jobs over.

I have created a Jira ticket where we can liaise on the migration which I
would like to do ASAP.

Thanks!

*Gavin McDonald*
Systems Administrator
ASF Infrastructure Team

Re: Migration from ci.a.o

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi,

As you may know this is definitely replaced by a solution in the BB UI (I sent a message about that somewhere else)

Jacques

Re: Migration from ci.a.o

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Re: Migration from ci.a.o

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
>> We are still waiting for Infra for several missing features, the most important being missing status emails: INFRA-22689
>> Also are missing, faculty to start a build from IRC and, more technical, the possibility to use several servers to launch builds.
>> We had all that before...
>>
>> Jacques

Hi,

INFRA-22689 is done. So we now receive emails when the build status of a branch changes (successful or not)

We still miss the rest.

Jacques

Re: Migration from ci.a.o

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
> Le 15/12/2021 à 17:22, Jacques Le Roux a écrit :
>> Le 14/12/2021 à 09:34, Jacques Le Roux a écrit :
>>> I also wonder if we should not get rid of Apache XMLRPC knowing that it's no longer maintained: https://github.com/advisories/GHSA-6vwp-35w3-xph8
>>
>> A milder mitigation would be to simply comment out the 2 tests that fail on BuildBot. That would allow to keep XMLRPC for those interested. Like
>> people working in a safe (ie no internet) environment. We also know that only post-auth attacks are possible.
>>
>> Opinions?
>>
>> Jacques
>>
> Hi,
>
> Sorry I forgot to send this email I created one month ago
>
> This is done, for now only trunk and R18 works: https://ci2.apache.org/#/builders (look for "ofb")
>
> I'm currently working to integrate also R20.

Hi,

Of course I meant R22. It's now operational, though the currently assigned BuildBot worker (bb_worker4_ubuntu) is stale. Nevertheless, I was able to
test using the bb_worker5_ubuntu worker. We need to wait for the "more technical" (last) point below to be able to use a kind of carousel to
automatically pick one available worker among others

Jacques

Re: Migration from ci.a.o

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Re: Migration from ci.a.o

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@apache.org>.
HI Jacques,

If the project still sees XMLRPC functionality as an important OFBiz
service, we should work to get the CI to work with the tests. If the
project feels it has outlived its usefulness, we should work to get this
attic-ed.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Pierre Smits
*Proud* *contributor** of* Apache OFBiz <https://ofbiz.apache.org/> since
2008 (without privileges)
Proud contributor to the ASF since 2006

Re: Migration from ci.a.o

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Re: Migration from ci.a.o

Posted by Deepak Dixit <de...@apache.org>.
Here is the PR for xml rpc related code removal. Please review and let me
know if it looks good.

https://github.com/apache/ofbiz-framework/pull/630/files

Thanks & Regards
--
Deepak Dixit
ofbiz.apache.org

Re: Migration from ci.a.o

Posted by Deepak Dixit <de...@apache.org>.
Hi Jacques,

Re: Migration from ci.a.o

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi All,

Re: Migration from ci.a.o

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@apache.org>.
Jacques,
The failure is not due to the inclusion of the SystemProperty record in
seed data. It is due to a unexpected result when testInvoicePerShipment is
called with product="GZ-1000" and invoicePerShipment="N". And the same
happens in the same test with product="GZ-1000" and invoicePerShipment="Y".

Met vriendelijke groet,

Pierre Smits
*Proud* *contributor** of* Apache OFBiz <https://ofbiz.apache.org/> since
2008 (without privileges)
Proud contributor to the ASF since 2006

On Mon, Dec 13, 2021 at 11:38 AM Jacques Le Roux <

Re: Migration from ci.a.o

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Thanks guys,

Re: Migration from ci.a.o

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@apache.org>.

Re: Migration from ci.a.o

Posted by Daniel Watford <da...@foomoo.co.uk>.
Hi Jacques,

--
Daniel Watford

Re: Migration from ci.a.o

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi All,

We have an issue with https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-22279 for tests on trunk and I need all your attention to help me fix it.

The last successful trunk build on the old Buildbot (0.8) was <<*Oct. 18*>>:
https://ci.apache.org/projects/ofbiz/logs/trunk/plugins/html/

Gavin has worked since on INFRA-22279 but got stuck because of (I guess/hope only)  testInvoicePerShipmentSetFalse error on trunk.

The last time I locally tried the test was 09/Nov/21 19:31
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-22279?focusedCommentId=17441317&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-17441317>

Yesterday, I have tried locally to run the tests 3 times (I'm on Windows and there are sometimes quirks with tests) and 3 times got this sole
testInvoicePerShipmentSetFalse error.

I have just checked the changes in accounting between 09/Nov/21 and now. I did not find any evidences related to testInvoicePerShipmentSetFalse.

I'll continue on this today, if you know better please help.

First I'd appreciate if you can confirm you also cross the testInvoicePerShipmentSetFalse error.

TIA

Jacques

Re: Migration from ci.a.o

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.