Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Tobias Bouschen <to...@googlemail.com.INVALID> on 2021/01/26 12:49:57 UTC

New hosting setup works

Hi all,

Just as a quick heads up: The new hosting setup (publishing it to the
'content' directory on the 'publish' branch) works. But, as I suspected,
it also requires URL forwarding to work as intended. The same
configuration that had previously been used on the master could be
reused, only replacing the previous redirection to 'jdo/docs/*' with the
new redirection to 'jdo/content/*'.

I will adjust the existing PRs accordingly to work with this setup. We
can discuss them during the next JDO conference call.

To my surprise, it also seems like the old version of the website is
still being hosted by Apache. Without the automatic redirection, the old
website is still accessible under 'db.apache.org/jdo' and the new
website is hosted under 'db.apache.org/content/jdo'. (As the redirection
is now enabled, it can no longer be accessed now, but I can revert the
change for the conference call on Thursday if you want to check it out
yourself.)

Best regards,
Tobias

Re: New hosting setup works

Posted by Tobias Bouschen <to...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
As another update: Something weird is going on with the website. The new
changes are correctly pushed to the site and are visible after a short
while, but are being reverted automatically later on.
As an example, I pushed a new change to the publish branch at around 12
today and was able to see the changes at 12:15. Now, at around 13:30,
the changes have been reverted and are no longer visible. No changes had
been made on any branch of the repository in that timeframe.

So this seems to be an issue with the backend to me.

I would suggest first merging the setup changes (PR #17) tomorrow to
have a stable build environment that repeatably creates a valid entry on
the publish branch. Additionally, I would suggest merging the PR that
cleans up the master (PR #15) to ensure that the remaining build
artifacts on the master aren't the issue. We could also consider
dropping the staging branch as it contains outdated content and an
outdated '.asf.yaml' file.

If the issues still occur at that point, I would proceed with posting to
the existing INFRA ticket (or creating a new one) to have them have a
look at it on their end.

Best regards,
Tobias