Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Mark Woon <mo...@SMI.Stanford.EDU> on 2002/08/09 02:18:00 UTC

Re: Modifying schema validation

Mark Feblowitz wrote:

> Something that I've asked around about but have not yet had time to
> pursue myself: getting Xalan to both validate the incoming XML doc
> against its respective schema **and** having it apply Schematron
> constraints, within the context of a single parse. Is this something
> that you've been able to do?

FYI, just thought you might be interested in knowing that I did actually
get this to work in a single parse.  Got most of my hints from
http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/usagepatterns.html#sax.  Drop me a note if
you want to see the actual code.

-Mark

Re: Modifying schema validation

Posted by Eddie Robertsson <er...@allette.com.au>.
Hi Mark,

>> Something that I've asked around about but have not yet had time to
>> pursue myself: getting Xalan to both validate the incoming XML doc
>> against its respective schema **and** having it apply Schematron
>> constraints, within the context of a single parse. Is this something
>> that you've been able to do?
>
> FYI, just thought you might be interested in knowing that I did
> actually get this to work in a single parse.  Got most of my hints
> from http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/usagepatterns.html#sax.  Drop me a
> note if you want to see the actual code.

Excellent!
I'd be very interested to have a look at your code if that's possible.

Cheers,
/Eddie