Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Tony Johnson <to...@slac.stanford.edu> on 2005/03/11 02:47:21 UTC

Using maven to run a program

HI, can anyone point me to a plugin which will let me run console style
programs which have been built using maven? I.e. instead of:

set CLASSPATH=whatever
java my.package.Class some args

I would like to be able to simply type (something like):

maven run my.package.Class some args

Or is there some better way of achieving the same result?

Thanks, Tony Johnson

Re: Using maven to run a program

Posted by Milos Kleint <mk...@gmail.com>.
try checking the maven-mevenide-plugin, it includes various means of
running and debugging an application.

http://mevenide.codehaus.org/maven-mevenide-plugin/goals.html

Regards

Milos Kleint

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Tony,

You can also try using the javaapp plugin
(http://maven-plugins.sourceforge.net/).

-Vincent

Posted by Markos Charatzas <xa...@forthnet.gr>.
Not sure if you can do it but you can specify your main class in
project.properties like this

"maven.jar.mainclass = my.package.MyClass"

then simply create a jar file using "maven jar" and use common java syntax to