Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by s....@fcl.com on 2008/02/28 10:58:51 UTC

ye olde 301 problem (TortoiseSVN)

Morning all,

I've just setup an svn server here to replace VSS and it has mostly gone
well and I'm impressed so far. I do however have one remaining problem.
The repositories have been created in c:\swdev\svn\ProjectXXX and I can
access the repos by name in Tortoise (http://server/svn/ProjectXXX and
browse the repositories in my web browser(http://server/svn). I can't
however point TortoiseSVN at http://server/svn and browse the projects,
Propfind reports 301. This must be a common problem but is not the overlap
or rewrite mentioned in the FAQ.

Any ideas? Could this be an overlap at the / level? How would you move all
the webpages elsewhere?

The setup is all on windows, apache config largely unchanged (Default
document root) except for the addition of the /svn location. I'm not sure
where the problem lies, so I thought I'd start with this list.

Simon

+++ IMPORTANT NOTICE +++

This email may contain confidential information and will be protected by copyright.
It is intended only for the use of the person(s) to whom it is addressed and any unauthorised use (including forwarding or dissemination the contents) may be unlawful. If you receive this email by mistake, please advise the sender immediately by using the reply facility on your email software and delete the email from your computer.

Opinions, conclusions and other information in this email that do not relate to the official business of this organisation shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.

If this message forms part of a quotation for the supply of goods, the quotation is an invitation to treat only. No contract will come into effect until the Company issuing such quotation (or Filtronic plc or one of its subsidiaries on its behalf) issues an acknowledgment of order for the supply of such goods.  The contract will be on the terms of such acknowledgment of order.

Website address: http://www.filtronic.com

+++ Message scanned using Sophos and MDaemon Anti Virus Products +++

Filtronic Defence is registered in England. Company Registration Number 1659830.
Registered Office: Airedale House, Acorn Park, Shipley, BD17 7SW, UK.

Re: ye olde 301 problem (TortoiseSVN)

Posted by s....@fcl.com.
Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com> wrote on 29/02/2008
00:44:28:
> The answer is that what you want is not supported. You can only view
> the list of projects served under SVNParentPath in a web browser. You
> cannot view them in a Subversion client like TortoiseSVN.
Ah, Thanks for your help.

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.