Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Jim Bates <jb...@maprtech.com> on 2014/11/17 16:25:19 UTC

Drill ODBC conenctor

I updated to mapr-drill-0.6.0.28642.r2-1.noarch on Friday to grab a few bug
fixes that I needed around flatten. Since then I have not been able to get
any versions of the ODBC connector to work on a Windows server. I used
versions from 0.7 but ended up on the released 0.6 version. I can downgrade
to the released 0.6 and all ODBC connecters would work but no joy found
with the build listed above. I traced the packets and verified the initial
handshake to the drill bit but after a bit the connection times out and the
connector closes the connection. I increased the timeout to 60 sec but
still no luck.

Re: Drill ODBC conenctor

Posted by Christopher Matta <cm...@mapr.com>.
It would be helpful to have the version and the build number included in
the ODBC installer file's name.

--
Chris Matta
cmatta@mapr.com

Re: Drill ODBC conenctor

Posted by Li HM <hm...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the update.

Re: Drill ODBC conenctor

Posted by Suresh Ollala <so...@maprtech.com>.

Re: Drill ODBC conenctor

Posted by Suresh Ollala <so...@maprtech.com>.
It will be up there very soon.

Re: Drill ODBC conenctor

Posted by Li HM <hm...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Suresh.

Re: Drill ODBC conenctor

Posted by Suresh Ollala <so...@maprtech.com>.
For apache-drill 0.6.0 use -

Re: Drill ODBC conenctor

Posted by Steven Phillips <sp...@maprtech.com>.
I believe mapr-drill-0.6.0.28642.r2-1 corresponds to commit

108d29f

in master. So at the very least, I would expect the latest ODBC driver to
work with that commit. And it seems unlikely that any of the commits since
then would have any affect on ODBC functionality, so I would expect it work
against the tip of master. I should mention, however, that I haven't
actually tried it, but I would expect it work.

--
 Steven Phillips
 Software Engineer

 mapr.com