Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by vp2005 <pa...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/18 00:30:50 UTC

WSDL URL from deployed application

Hi,

I am using CXF 2.2.2 for the web service client.  I packaged the stubs as
well as the WSDL and schema files into my client jar.  I am using
MyClass.class.getResource("/com/mycompany/services/myTest.wsdl") to get the
URL and the same is passed while instantiating the Service.

	MyTestService service = new MyTestService(wsdlURL);
	MyTestPortType port = service.getMyTest();
	( (BindingProvider) port ).getRequestContext().put(
BindingProvider.ENDPOINT_ADDRESS_PROPERTY,
"http://www.mycompany.com/services/myTest" );

When I invoked the service from my test client in Eclipse it returned with
the correct response from service.  However, when I deployed my application
on WebLogic 9.2 server, it is throwing the following exception:

java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.xerces.dom.DeferredDocumentTypeImpl
        at java.util.XMLUtils.load(XMLUtils.java:61)
        at java.util.Properties.loadFromXML(Properties.java:701)
        at
org.apache.cxf.common.util.PropertiesLoaderUtils.loadAllProperties(PropertiesLoaderUtils.java:71)
        at
org.apache.cxf.wsdl11.WSDLManagerImpl.registerInitialExtensions(WSDLManagerImpl.java:224)
        at
org.apache.cxf.wsdl11.WSDLManagerImpl.registerInitialExtensions(WSDLManagerImpl.java:219)
        at
org.apache.cxf.wsdl11.WSDLManagerImpl.<init>(WSDLManagerImpl.java:109)
Method)
        at
        at
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:494)
        at org.apache.cxf.bus.extension.Extension.load(Extension.java:86)
        at
org.apache.cxf.bus.extension.ExtensionManagerImpl.loadAndRegister(ExtensionManagerImpl.java:153)
        at
org.apache.cxf.bus.extension.ExtensionManagerImpl.processExtension(ExtensionManagerImpl.java:129)
        at
org.apache.cxf.bus.extension.ExtensionManagerImpl.loadFragment(ExtensionManagerImpl.java:122)
        at
org.apache.cxf.bus.extension.ExtensionManagerImpl.load(ExtensionManagerImpl.java:114)
        at
org.apache.cxf.bus.extension.ExtensionManagerImpl.<init>(ExtensionManagerImpl.java:83)
        at
org.apache.cxf.bus.extension.ExtensionManagerImpl.<init>(ExtensionManagerImpl.java:57)
        at
org.apache.cxf.bus.extension.ExtensionManagerBus.<init>(ExtensionManagerBus.java:91)
        at org.apache.cxf.bus.CXFBusFactory.createBus(CXFBusFactory.java:41)
        at org.apache.cxf.bus.CXFBusFactory.createBus(CXFBusFactory.java:37)
        at org.apache.cxf.bus.CXFBusFactory.createBus(CXFBusFactory.java:33)
        at org.apache.cxf.BusFactory.getDefaultBus(BusFactory.java:69)
        at
org.apache.cxf.BusFactory.getThreadDefaultBus(BusFactory.java:106)
        at org.apache.cxf.BusFactory.getThreadDefaultBus(BusFactory.java:97)
        at
org.apache.cxf.jaxws.spi.ProviderImpl.createServiceDelegate(ProviderImpl.java:64)
        at javax.xml.ws.Service.<init>(Service.java:36)

When I logged the WSDL URL generated dynamically, I noticed the following
difference :

WSDL URL from test client (from Eclipse):

	jar:file:/C:.../myTest.wsdl

WSDL URL from deployed application (on WebLogic server):

	zip:C:/.../myTest.wsdl

Does it have anything to do with the problem ?

I have been struggling with this problem for a long time.  Any help to
resolve this would be highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot !
vp2005

Re: WSDL URL from deployed application

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
NO idea on that one.   Check the classpath/classloader/war/ear/whatever for
anything Xerces related or possibly something like an "xml-apis.jar" or
similar and try removing them.  It sounds like somehow it's getting a
different version of the Document interface or something.   Really not sure
how to resolve that type of thing.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp