Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Sultan Alamro <su...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/03 01:05:53 UTC

Running multiple copies of each task

Hi there,

I have been looking at the hadoop source code 2.6.0 trying to understand
the low level details and how the framework is actually working.

I have a simple idea and I am trying to figure out where and how the idea
can be implemented. The idea can be described in one sentence: "Running
multiple copies of each task". However, implementing the idea is not as
simple as I think.

What I am aware of is that I only need to modify a few classes. But, which
classes?

I just need someone to guide me to the right direction.

Best,
Sultan

Re: Running multiple copies of each task

Posted by Namikaze Minato <ll...@gmail.com>.
Talking about priority without telling us which scheduler and which
scheduling method you are using is like forgetting to say in which unit you
are measuring somehting :)

Regards,
LLoyd

Posted by Namikaze Minato <ll...@gmail.com>.