Posted to marketing@openoffice.apache.org by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> on 2013/07/18 18:04:26 UTC

Applying new logo to social media accounts

I'm starting to update the social media accounts with our new logo.
Most are easy -- just use the new flat globe.

But Facebook is more complicated.  We get the ability to have a "cover
photo" as well as  a "page profile picture".  The profile picture  is
easy. That is just the globe again, at 160x160 pixels  That is what
shows next to any of our posts.

But the cover photo is larger, 851x315 pixels.  It shows at the top of our page.

Here's what we do today with these:

https://www.facebook.com/ApacheOO

As you can see the cover photo is just a repetition of the full logo.
Not very interesting.

It looks like there is potential here for something more creative.
For ideas look at this article:

http://www.prosar.com/inbound_marketing_blog/bid/128705/Edi-Explains-How-to-be-Creative-with-the-New-Facebook-Timeline

Google+ has a similar concept, but with a 2120x1192 cover image:

So what could we do here?  Anyone want to try something?

-Rob

Re: Applying new logo to social media accounts

Posted by Samer Mansour <sa...@gmail.com>.
Done for facebook, I could occasionally update it like a google doodle.

Also this needs to be updated
http://www.openoffice.org/images/aoo-logo-100x100.png

It isn't pretty on google+ because scaling doesn't keep photo in place
for splash.

We could do a screen cap of the side bar maybe in a few days.

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.