Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Iwan Cornelius <iw...@pixolut.com> on 2008/01/09 00:50:48 UTC

Problem running latest nutch release

Hi there,

I'm having problems running the latest release of nutch. I get the following
error when I try to crawl:

Fetcher: segment: crawl/segments/20080109183955
Fetcher: java.io.IOException: Target
/tmp/hadoop-me/mapred/local/localRunner/job_local_1.xml already exists
        at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileUtil.checkDest(FileUtil.java:246)
        at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileUtil.copy(FileUtil.java:125)
        at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileUtil.copy(FileUtil.java:116)
        at org.apache.hadoop.fs.LocalFileSystem.copyToLocalFile(
LocalFileSystem.java:55)
        at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.copyToLocalFile(FileSystem.java
:834)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.LocalJobRunner$Job.<init>(
LocalJobRunner.java:86)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.LocalJobRunner.submitJob(
LocalJobRunner.java:281)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.submitJob(JobClient.java:558)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.runJob(JobClient.java:753)
        at org.apache.nutch.fetcher.Fetcher.fetch(Fetcher.java:526)
        at org.apache.nutch.fetcher.Fetcher.run(Fetcher.java:561)
        at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolBase.doMain(ToolBase.java:54)
        at org.apache.nutch.fetcher.Fetcher.main(Fetcher.java:533)

If I manually remove the offending directory it works... sometimes.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
IWan

Re: Problem running latest nutch release

Posted by Iwan Cornelius <iw...@pixolut.com>.
There is a bug in 0.15.0 hadoop which has been fixed in 0.16.... see this
posting:

Any chance of updating the version of hadoop that is used by nutch?

Posted by Iwan Cornelius <iw...@pixolut.com>.

Posted by Iwan Cornelius <iw...@pixolut.com>.
My bad,the directory is now set correctly, but I STILL have the following
error, any ideas?

Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: Target
/home/usrname/tmp/hadoop-usrname/mapred/local/localRunner/job_local_1.xml
already exists

Posted by Andrzej Bialecki <ab...@getopt.org>.

Posted by Iwan Cornelius <iw...@pixolut.com>.
OK I now have a related problem:

I don't think the file conf/hadoop-site.xml is being read at all! I've
altered the hadoop.tmp.dir property below, but the tmp files are still going
in the default location.  I suspect the other property is not being set
either; hence it's still running with speculative execution on.

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<!-- Put site-specific property overrides in this file. -->

<configuration>

<property>
<name>hadoop.temp.dir</name>
<value>/home/username/tmp/hadoop-username/</value>
<description></description>
</property>

<property>
<name>mapred.speculative.execution</name>
<value>false</value>
<description>If true, then multiple instances of some map tasks may be
executed in parallel.</description>
</property>

</configuration>

Posted by Dennis Kubes <ku...@apache.org>.