Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Vishal Sharma <vi...@grab.com> on 2019/06/21 02:41:33 UTC

[External] Using scala parallel collection with ForkJoinPool

Hi,

We are doing a computationally expensive window aggregation in our flink
job. Expectedly, the aggregation takes a lot of time. We are experimenting
with scala parallel collections in order to speed up our computation. Are
there any guidelines regarding this ?

As per my understanding, ForkJoinPool by default uses 1 thread per core,
can it cause flink task slots to starve for resources ?
Also, are there any potential concurrency issues with this approach ?

Thanks,
Vishal Sharma

--
*_Grab is hiring. Learn more at _**https://grab.careers
<https://grab.careers/>*

By communicating with Grab Inc and/or its
subsidiaries, associate companies and jointly controlled entities (“Grab
Group”), you are deemed to have consented to the processing of your
personal data as set out in the Privacy Notice which can be viewed at
https://grab.com/privacy/ <https://grab.com/privacy/>

This email contains
confidential information and is only for the intended recipient(s). If you
are not the intended recipient(s), please do not disseminate, distribute or
copy this email Please notify Grab Group immediately if you have received
this by mistake and delete this email from your system. Email transmission
cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as any information therein
could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, delayed or incomplete, or
contain viruses. Grab Group do not accept liability for any errors or
omissions in the contents of this email arises as a result of email
transmission. All intellectual property rights in this email and
attachments therein shall remain vested in Grab Group, unless otherwise
provided by law.