Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Manikumar <ma...@gmail.com> on 2019/12/09 17:32:40 UTC

[VOTE] 2.4.0 RC4

Hello Kafka users, developers and client-developers,

This is the fifth candidate for release of Apache Kafka 2.4.0.

This release includes many new features, including:
- Allow consumers to fetch from closest replica
- Support for incremental cooperative rebalancing to the consumer rebalance
protocol
- MirrorMaker 2.0 (MM2), a new multi-cluster, cross-datacenter replication
engine
- New Java authorizer Interface
- Support for non-key joining in KTable
- Administrative API for replica reassignment
- Sticky partitioner
- Return topic metadata and configs in CreateTopics response
- Securing Internal connect REST endpoints
- API to delete consumer offsets and expose it via the AdminClient.

Release notes for the 2.4.0 release:
https://home.apache.org/~manikumar/kafka-2.4.0-rc4/RELEASE_NOTES.html

*** Please download, test and vote by Thursday, December 12, 9am PT

Kafka's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
https://kafka.apache.org/KEYS

* Release artifacts to be voted upon (source and binary):
https://home.apache.org/~manikumar/kafka-2.4.0-rc4/

* Maven artifacts to be voted upon:
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/kafka/

* Javadoc:
https://home.apache.org/~manikumar/kafka-2.4.0-rc4/javadoc/

* Tag to be voted upon (off 2.4 branch) is the 2.4.0 tag:
https://github.com/apache/kafka/releases/tag/2.4.0-rc4

* Documentation:
https://kafka.apache.org/24/documentation.html

* Protocol:
https://kafka.apache.org/24/protocol.html

Thanks,
Manikumar

Re: [VOTE] 2.4.0 RC4

Posted by Manikumar <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Israel,

Thanks for testing the release candidate.
We can use  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-9283 for fixing the
flaky test.

Thanks,

Re: [VOTE] 2.4.0 RC4

Posted by Manikumar <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Israel,

Re: [VOTE] 2.4.0 RC4

Posted by Israel Ekpo <is...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] 2.4.0 RC4

Posted by Israel Ekpo <is...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] 2.4.0 RC4

Posted by Adam Bellemare <ad...@gmail.com>.
- All PGP signatures are good

Re: [VOTE] 2.4.0 RC4

Posted by Israel Ekpo <is...@gmail.com>.
Thanks @Manikumar <ma...@gmail.com> for running the release as
well.

In my latest run, all signature validations and tests passed successfully
without any issues.

+1 (non-binding)

Re: [VOTE] 2.4.0 RC4

Posted by Israel Ekpo <is...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] 2.4.0 RC4

Posted by Mickael Maison <mi...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] 2.4.0 RC4

Posted by Mickael Maison <mi...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] 2.4.0 RC4

Posted by Manikumar <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Re: [VOTE] 2.4.0 RC4

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hello Manikumar,

I verified the unit tests on scala 2.13 binary, web docs and java docs. +1
(binding).

Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang