Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net> on 2001/06/16 20:52:10 UTC

Velocity 1.1 Released

Subject says everything - congrats all.  Download and use!

If you are just tuning in :

Velocity Version 1.1 Released
-----------------------------

Congratulations and thanks to all participants in the Velocity
community.

Major enhancements include :

- The new event-handling facility, allowing finer control and
interaction with the rendering process.
- Internationalization support through full support of template
character encoding.
- Optimizations for improved performance.

Minor enhancements are too numerous to mention. Please see the change
log for details.

System and Software Consulting

Re: Tools, Tools, Tools...

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
robert burrell donkin wrote:

>   "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net> wrote
>
>  >Simon Christian wrote:
>  >>
>  >>I'd ideally like to see the tools in a seperate package as you are
>  >>proposing - both because wrapping it up in a larger project (e.g.
>  >>Turbine) may make it more cumbersome and slow down release schedules,
>  >>and also because I feel more people are likely to contribute when they
>  >>can get in 'on the ground floor'.
>  >
>  >2p
>  >
>  >
>  >That's my feeling as well - get the thing going in commons, and stand
>  >back :)
>
> maybe org.apache.velocity.util.StringUtil deserves to be more widely
> known
> and might be a good candidate for the commons
>
> i know that i ended up rewriting some of the functionality before i knew
> that it existed

Yep! Good call.  We have been talking about pulling that out for a
while.

System and Software Consulting

Re: Tools, Tools, Tools...

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@mac.com>.
  "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net> wrote

 >Simon Christian wrote:
 >>
 >>I'd ideally like to see the tools in a seperate package as you are
 >>proposing - both because wrapping it up in a larger project (e.g.
 >>Turbine) may make it more cumbersome and slow down release schedules,
 >>and also because I feel more people are likely to contribute when they
 >>can get in 'on the ground floor'.
 >
 >2p
 >

 >That's my feeling as well - get the thing going in commons, and stand
 >back :)

maybe org.apache.velocity.util.StringUtil deserves to be more widely
known
and might be a good candidate for the commons

i know that i ended up rewriting some of the functionality before i knew
that it existed

- robert

Re: Velocity 1.1 Released

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@mac.com>.